The public library in Medford, Oregon opened the doors to its current 83,000 square foot facility on April 4, 2004. The current library serves as the headquarters for the Jackson County Library System and replaced an older building built by a gift from Andrew Carnegie in 1908. The new building features cornice manufactured by Stromberg Architectural Products that is made from Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC). Stromberg’s GFRC maintains the look of concrete or stone at a greatly reduced weight. GFRC is a great choice for areas such as Oregon that receive a substantial amount of rainfall. In areas where a structure will be exposed to an extensive amount of saltwater, Stromberg’s GFRC holds up even better than true concrete.